On the 24th June 2016 ENC designated the Civil Parish of Glapthorn as a Neighbourhood Planning Area, under the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 – Part 2(5) .
Where are we now?
On 13th December 2017, following approval by the Parish Council, the Glapthorn Neighbourhood Plan was submitted to East Northamptonshire Council (ENC) for further consultation and independent examination. This was in accordance with Regulation 16 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012.
ENC confirmed, by letter of 15th December 2017, that the Plan submitted accords with the relevant statutory requirements and will be published for consultation by that Council under Regulation 16 for a six week period from 12th January to 26th February 2018.
After the Regulation 16 consultation and the subsequent independent examination, the plan will come back to the Parish Council, for a review of any comments, before being put to a referendum of the Glapthorn electorate. This is likely to take place during late Spring/early Summer 2018.
How did we get here?
The Glapthorn Neighbourhood Planning Group was formed, and structured as a Parish Council Advisory Committee, and embarked on the development of a Neighbourhood Plan. Thirteen members of the public, including three Parish Councillors, formed the initial group.
The Glapthorn Neighbourhood Plan was prepared by building on the results of the extensive informal consultations and engagement with the community and others. The major elements of the consultation process were:
- A series of Community Conversations involving face to face interviews – August 2016
- Further Community Consultation by newsletters and a questionnaire – December 2016
- A call-for-sites from landowners – January 2017
- Community dialogue through meetings and two exhibition days – May/June 2017
- Consultation with the community and other statutory bodies in accordance with the requirements stated in Regulation 14 – August to October 2017.
- Production of the Neighbourhood Plan with supporting information for consideration and adoption by the Parish Council – December 2017.
The detailed responses from the consultations, and other documents relating to all of this activity, may be found on this website – see below.