The Royal Oak Club was established in 2003. It is a Social Club for current residents of Glapthorn only. To participate it is necessary to become a member of the club. Members may also bring guests.
The Club runs social evenings each Friday for which there will usually be no entrance fee. Our aim is to provide a place to:
- meet up and socialise with the villagers
- catch up with local news and gossip
- unwind at the end of a hard week
- let children meet up and play
- enjoy the community spirit
- raise money for village charities
- enjoy a drinks at low prices
- have a bite to eat
- play bar games
In addition there are occasional special events for you to enjoy. These are usually at weekends – look out for our new programme here.
A copy of the Club Rules, a list of committee mebers and a Membership Application Form are available for your consideration from Glapthorn Village Hall on Friday evenings. If you live in Glapthorn and wish to join, please return a Membership Application Form duly completed, together with the £5 fee, to any Committee Member.